Board of Directors
Calendar of Events
By-Laws and Constitution
Minutes of Board Mtgs.
ASTA Web Page
National HS Orchestra
2010 National HS Honors Orchestra
Deadline for application June 15, 20011.
Encourage your strong players audition for the American String Teachers Association 2012 National High School Honors Orchestra, which will perform at the ASTA conference March 21- 23, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Chosen applicants will be invited to attend all rehearsals and performances at the 2010 ASTA National Conference. Only students in the eleventh and twelfth grades during the 2011/2012 school year for stringed instruments may apply. Percussion and wind students must be in ninth through twelfth grade during the 2011/2012 school year to apply.
Click here to download an application form (PDF). For audition repertoire requirements for each instrument please visit the national ASTA website.
Timeline of deadlines:
- June 15, 2011 - Students must have applications turned into the state chairman by this date.
- July 5, 2011 – CD’s and a ranked list of students nominated by the state must be POSTMARKED to the National Office by this date.
- September 1, 2011 - Approximate date National Office will notify students invited to participate in the NHSHO
- December 5, 2011 - Participating students must have their $795 fee into the National Office.
Please send the following to the address below:
- Completed application form
- A check for $25 written to "SCASTA" -- this non-refundable amount helps support our state chapter in running the auditions
- A check for $75 written to "ASTA" -- this check will be held until after the auditions. If the student is forwarded to the national auditions this check will be sent with the application; if the student does not continue in the competition the check will be returned.
384 White Gables Dr.
Columbia, SC 29229